Monday, June 11, 2012

So there's not going to a STARBUCK IN ITALY, right?

I feel quite bad about repeating myself. Both in this blog, and in life. But I really need to review a previous post of mine, where I talked about Starbucks and Italy.

APPARENTLY, THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE ANY STARBUCKS IN ITALY.. At least anytime soon. Let me be clear about this, since my post could have been misleading. I decided to cover the topic because of a poster I had seen online, on facebook, where they said that:

Starbucks Comes to Italy (Rome, Venice, Milan, Naples) - June 2012

Now, if I am not wrong, June has come, but no Starbucks have shown up in Italy. So: what was wrong with the poster cited above?!




Well it was a bufala. What do I mean by bufala? Well, it is the Italian for BULLSHIT. Even though literally it means the female of the buffalo. Exactly! The same animal producing the most amazing mozzarellas in the world.

Sorry, I am going off topic.

Anyhow, that was a bullshit. It is proved by the very same guy that produced the fake poster.. who admits it was just a joke. So now the careful reader should ask: why are you trusting any guy? You were mislead in the first place, why the heck would you say that this news is trustworthy?

Well, that's a good question: thanks for asking. First of all, something unobjectionable has happened, that is: IT'S JUNE 2012. And nobody in Italy has seen a Starbucks whatsoever. Second of all, there is no official info about Starbucks coming to Italy, e.g. coming from the Starbucks website.

This should make everybody reflect about the reliability of the news found on the Web. When they correspond to some spread wish (such as Starbucks landing in Italy), they get replicated thousands of times and then people (me included) stop doubting them, simply because you can see them in so many different websites (just imagine that google images, if you search starbucks in italy, puts the fake poster as first!).

Anyhow, don't worry, just take the Web less seriously and pick the best of it. Critically.

Cheers,

Guido.



No comments:

Post a Comment