Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Guido's BACK?!

'Zup Folks?!

So sorry about the delay.. these last few months have been so hectic, I could barely find time to eat. And you know that for as much as I like writing in this blog, I still prefer to eat well!..

So, what's new with the Italyorker?! Pretty much everything: starting with the fact that I'M TYPING FROM MY BELOVED ITALY. In this sense, "Guido's Back" stands both for Guido is back to Italy, and Guido's back to blogging. I'm a GENIUS, right?!



I've been back a couple of weeks ago, so I'll be posting mostly about Italy, in the months that follow. I also thought about shifting to Italian for a while, because writing in Italy about Italy, it feels weird to write in English (and it'd cost much more time to me!). Nonetheless, I think that coherence is one of the virtue of this blog, so I will keep going in English. But actually also "surprise" is one of the key virtue of the blog, so who knows.. stay tuned.

So in the latest months I've been working like crazy, therefore I had very few time to spend on visiting New York and posting about it.. but working like crazy is a major experience anybody should undergo, if he/she wants to be called a New Yorker. So now we are even, by meaning I have paid my dues to the city of New York, by giving up on most of my previous activities, to focus only on work. Even if that makes me feel like a bad Italian, I think it makes me a better New Yorker.

But do I want to be a better New Yorker, at the expenses of being a worse Italian?

I DON'T THINK SO! And I've met so many Italians with this inclination, but I can't get it. Well, I guess it's a matter of taste, as flies teach us!

Anyhow, to make up for the time I've spent being a good New Yorker, I have a precise plan on how to improve my Italianity in the next months, and of course I'm not explaining such plan in this post only. So stay tuned if you want to hear more about the most chillaxing Summer in Italy you could ever dream about!

Cheers,
Guido.

No comments:

Post a Comment