Saturday, January 28, 2012

What's wrong with this PEOPLE?

That's right, even though you're might be thinking this post is about either Americans or Italians, or French, or an obsession of an Italian in New York, this is actually a post about stereotypical American expressions.

One of them, my favorite maybe, is this "What is wrong with this people?!".. It is even funnier if you think of the Italian translation of it.. which makes little sense to be honest, but sounds really crazy: "Che cos'hanno di sbagliato questi qua?".

Anyways, if for whatever reason you want to look American, I think you should rely a lot on the following expressions:



  • Are you f**king kidding me?
  • Can you believe that?
  • How the hell would that happen?
  • etc..
I know many Americans could argue against that, or could just add some more more meaningful insights on the topic. But what the hell, I'm Italian, so don't mess with me.. (and I'd like this last sentence to be pronounced with the Italianest of the accents). 

Anyways, there are surely gonna be some follow ups on the topic, but by now be happy with this expression and try to work on them, so as to be ready for the next stack, whenever it'll come.

Cheers,

Guido.

PS: I promised myself to keep the posts in English, but I had to write down the Italian translation of "What's wrong with this people?!": otherwise some might doubt that I'm actually Italian, or that I'm able to use Google Translator.

No comments:

Post a Comment