Thursday, January 19, 2012

Why is NEW YORK SO SMALL?!

That's right, New York is damn small, this amazing video to prove it:








My god, it is impressive to notice that even if I've been around for few months,  that fit exactly how I imagine newyorkers.. Not only that: they talk about several places where to eat and even if there are probably thousands all along Manhattan, I knew them all:



  • Zabar's; likely to be the best grocery store I've ever been to. They have this Trader's Joe like selection of cheese, a very nice bakery, and good prices. Check out the cafe' as well, you eat in a table with anybody else.. Cheapest espresso I've ever found.
  • Momofuku; been there, to the lower east location.. Great noodle soup and great prices, you get to eat in a sort of long counter going from the front door to the kitchen;
  • Magnolia Bakery; really good and cute bakery, five locations, the nicest one is in the village, an enchanting crossroad on Bleeker Street;
So wrapping up, New York is waaaaaay smaller than it looks, though remember:
Never trust somebody that pretend to know New York. I've been here for 10 years and it never stopped changing.
Cheers,
Guido.


No comments:

Post a Comment