Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Why does EVERYBODY loves Italians? (most of all Americans..)

Elephant in the room! This will be a major topic, so let's try to set this up.

Possible answers:

  • Quality of life (my personal favorite): in Italy life is so good that anybody, especially stressed up folks, sees in the Italian Way of Life an ideal of peace and well being that has always been a major feature of the Bel Paese (i.e. Italy!);
  • Italians are good at cooking: this is quite related to the previous point, and I think that it makes sense. But let's save the food issues for some further posts.. I will probably set up a dedicated page to Italian cuisine with home made recipe and food philosophy. 
  •  Most people don't really know many Italians, but at most Fellini's movies, Venice canals, the Colosseum and probably some operas. This self ironic point (remember I'm Italian) reflect the fact that many Italians are not so proud of being Italians, but again let's save this to the following post (which is very likely to be called: "Why does MANY Italians hate Italians?").

These are just sketched answer.. Off the top of my head I can think another thousand reasons why everybody loves Italians, but I'd rather leave it to your interesting comments, instead of spoiling the pleasure of thinking: "Why am I always a little happier when I hear a sincere Italian accent?".

Cheers,
Guido.


No comments:

Post a Comment