Thursday, January 26, 2012

Who's probably the BEST KNOWN ITALIAN JAZZ MUSICIAN?

If you're Italian, and you care about Jazz you probably have asked yourself this question.. I did for sure and I could at least select a couple of them. By Italian - only in this post - I mean folks born and raised in Italy. So I got to a quite nice list:
  • Enrico Rava;
  • Stefano Bollani;
  • Roberto Gatto;
  • Sandro Gibellini;
  • etc..
In particular, in this post, I will concentrate on Enrico Rava not really because I think he's the best (the competition in the top is quite fierce), but because he'll soon be playing in New York, at the Birdland...

This guy has been a guru of Italian jazz for a while, playing with many other gurus, among which:
  • Charlie Haden;
  • Pat Metheny;
  • Lee Konitz;
  • etc..
And here in New York he'll be playing with a really nice (all Italian) band, among which there stand Gianluca Petrella, a very promising and well affirmed trombonist.
It's going to be really a nice concert, so if you don't know where to head on February 21th, that might be a good choice.. As a little sample check this out (that's the same ensemble that's gonna perfom here):


Just a relaxed jazz lullaby that fits the time in which I'm writing.

Cheers,

Guido.

No comments:

Post a Comment