Saturday, January 28, 2012

Will THERE COME WINTER, eventually?

I've just got back from the park.
Not the Park.
Riverside Park.

How's it possible to have such a great day even in January? The sun was low on the Hudson, the three mile long park was crowded with kids, sports team, and dogs... Beautiful.

Weird, though. I spent last winter in LA. After some obvious enthusiasm about the 60 degrees in January, I got a little pissed. That's right, how come there was fake snow in the window shops, and outside snow would have melted in 10 seconds?


So why am I talking about LA? Let me get to the point, as soon as I knew I was going to New York, I read this really nice book called New Yorkers, by Cathleen Sheen (btw, I think she borrowed the name of her book from my blog!). This book's mostly about dogs and singles in New York and at some point portrayed Gotham in Winter: people country skiing in the Park; dogs playing in the snow; so cold you couldn't even stay outside that long. That made me really hoping the snow would come soon and stay as long as possible. This has not really been the case so far..

 So here's my point: why isn't the book called the MinneapolisER?

Anyways, today reminded me about the LA Winter, and the bottom line I guess is that New York is made to surprise you" when you're so hoping for it to snow, in order to go skiing; you find yourself with 50 degrees, playing soccer as if it was Spring. And you love it.

And I loved it.

Cheers,

Guido.

No comments:

Post a Comment